Nippon Life Benefits® ID Card Information
ID cards are one of the first items your Provider will need; therefore it is important that you understand the information on your ID card! Below are a variety of resources to help answer any questions you may have.
Nippon Life Benefits will provide a new ID card when you:
- Are initially eligible for coverage
- Add/drop a spouse or child
- Add/drop a benefit/coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- If you or your employer make a Benefit Plan change that would change the information on the ID card
- If a federal/state law or Vendor change requires a change to the appearance or information on the card
- For example, the 2022 Legislative change requirement to add In and Out of Network Deductible and Out of Pocket maximums
- Review the information on the ID card,
- Does the card have all the coverages you requested from Nippon Life Benefits*
- Does it list your name, your spouse and all your children (if applicable)
- Refer to the ID card Examples for additional information
- Contact your Employer if changes need to be made to your ID card, or contact 800-374-1835 if you have additional questions.
*If you have Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with Nippon Life Benefits, you should have received a card for Medical and Dental and a separate Vision ID card. Please note: the ID card will list all Dependents who are covered on at least one Plan. ID cards are not a guarantee of coverage
- Member Portal: Use our member portal to view/print temporary ID Cards. If you aren’t registered, view this to help you get started!
- Mobile App: Download our Mobile App to view/print ID Cards. View more information about our Mobile App.
If you need to replace or order additional ID cards:
- You can order a new ID card through the member portal. Go to www.nipponlifebenefits.com and log in to the member portal. Then select “Request a New ID Card". If you aren't registered, view this to help you get started!
- You can call customer service 800-374-1835