President and Chief Executive Officer
- Takashi "Tiger" Nakayama joined Nippon Life Insurance Company in 1991. Over the course of 30 years with the Nippon Life group, Tiger has held various positions in Japan and abroad, mostly in the investment and international business sectors. His most recent position was a Managing Director and CEO of Nippon Life Global Investors Europe PLC in the UK.
- Through various roles in the investment sector, Tiger gained extensive experience in corporate finance, managing loan business and structured finance such as project finance and leveraged buyouts (LBO). Tiger also spent many years handling alternative investments such as private equity funds and real asset funds.
- Before joining back as a President and CEO, Tiger held several positions at Nippon Life Benefits and gained expertise in the U.S. health insurance industry. His previous positions at Nippon Life Benefits include working as a Company Representative in Des Moines, IA; Vice President of the Eastern Sales Region and Vice President of the Global Desk & Corporate Planning – both of which were located in the Nippon Life Benefits home office in New York, NY.
- Tiger has a CPA license.
Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- Francine "Fran" Young is responsible for the oversight of the U.S. insurance operations for Nippon Life Benefits. Named to her current position in 2011, Fran previously served as Senior Vice President, Chief Business Development Officer. She joined Nippon Life Benefits in 2007 with more than 25 years of industry experience, and has held previous leadership positions with Guardian Life Insurance, NYLCare, (a New York Life subsidiary) and New England Life.
- Fran holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Bloomsburg University.
Chief Financial Officer
- Named to his current position in 2011, Bruce has more than 30 years of finance and insurance industry experience. Prior to joining Nippon Life Benefits, he worked for Guardian Life Insurance Company as Chief Accountant, Group Insurance. Before that, he was Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Swiss Re Life and Health Canada and served as Head of Financial Services at Swiss Re America Holding Corporation. Earlier in his career, Bruce worked in the Financial Institution Practice of KPMG in Canada and Australia.
- He earned a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Brock University in Ontario, Canada.
- Aimee Averill – Senior Vice President, Service, IT Strategy and Project Management
- James Brone – Vice President, Chief Actuary
- Ron Ciaffaglione – Second Vice President, Underwriting
- Yasa Fujioka – Vice President, Global Desk and Corporate Planning
- Kazuhiro Fujita – Vice President, Investment & Treasury and Corporate Planning
- Jeffrey Landsman – Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer
- Phil Lavigne – Second Vice President and General Counsel
- Joe McLaughlin – Vice President, Chief Business Development Officer
- Kelly Peters – Vice President, Product Development, Network Management and Marketing
- Audrey Tomlinson – Vice President, Human Resources and General Services